- 2 cups couscous
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons Soul to Belly Cooking Paste
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- In a large pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and let it sit for 5 minutes until the couscous absorbs the liquid. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped red onion and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced red and yellow bell peppers, eggplant, and zucchini to the skillet. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Stir in the black garlic paste, dried oregano, and ground cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the cooked couscous to the skillet with the vegetables. Drizzle with lemon juice and toss everything together until well combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Let the couscous and vegetables simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve the Mediterranean Black Garlic Couscous warm as a main dish or as a side dish alongside grilled vegetables or falafel.
- Vegetable broth
- Soul to Belly Black Garlic Cooking Paste
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Dried oregano
- Ground cumin
- Fresh parsley
Enjoy preparing this delicious Mediterranean Black Garlic Couscous within a total prep and cooking time of 40 minutes. It's a flavorful and satisfying dish that brings the taste of the Mediterranean to your table!